Terms of Service
Welcome to Wedding Dreamz™!
We may change these terms from time to time. If we do, we’ll let you know about any material changes, either by notifying you on the Site or by sending you an email. New versions of the terms will never apply retroactively. If you keep using Wedding Dreamz™ after a change, that means you accept the new terms.
Wedding Dreamz™ is for your personal, non-commercial use.
Creating an Account
You can browse Wedding Dreamz™ without registering for an account. But to use some of Wedding Dreamz™’s functions, you’ll need to register, choose an account name, and set a password. When you do that, the information you give us must be accurate and complete. Don’t impersonate anyone else or choose names that are offensive or that violate anyone’s rights. If you don’t follow these rules, we reserve the right to cancel your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone had used your account without your permission, you should report it to your wedding Venue so action can be taken to correct the situation.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
Things You Shouldn’t Do
We expect everyone using Wedding Dreamz™ to behave responsibly and help keep this a respectable, positive and friendly site. Kindly do not do any of the things listed below on this Site:
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t victimize anyone. Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam. Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer. Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to Wedding Dreamz™ or another party).
- Don’t abuse other users’ personal information. When you use Wedding Dreamz™ you may receive information about other users, including information such as their names, email addresses, and postal addresses. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in a Wedding Dreamz™ project: don’t use it for other purposes, and don’t abuse it.
- Don’t try to interfere with the proper workings of the Services.
- Don’t bypass any measures we’ve put in place to secure the Services.
- Don’t try to damage or get unauthorized access to any system, data, password, or other information, whether it belongs to Wedding Dreamz™ or another party.
- Don’t take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, or on our third-party providers. (We reserve the right to determine what’s reasonable.)
- Don’t use any kind of software or device (whether it’s manual or automated) to “crawl” or “spider” any part of the Site.
- Don’t take apart or reverse engineer any aspect of Wedding Dreamz™ in an effort to access things like source code, underlying ideas, or algorithms.
How Wedding Dreamz™ Works
Wedding Dreamz™ provides a funding platform for enhancements to your wedding day. When a Couple posts an enhancement on Wedding Dreamz™, they’re inviting other people to form a contract with them. Anyone who backs an enhancement is accepting the Couple’s offer, and forming that contract.
Wedding Dreamz™ is not a part of this contract — the contract is a direct legal agreement between Couples and their Backers. Here are the terms that govern that agreement:
When an enhancement is successfully funded, the Couple must purchase the enhancements. Once a Couple has done so, they’ve satisfied their obligation to their Backers.
Throughout the process, Couples owe their Backers a high standard of effort, honest communication, and a commitment to fulfilling the Couple’s obligations. At the same time, Backers must understand that when they back an enhancement, they’re helping to enhance the Couples wedding dream. There may be changes or delays, or in some cases not full funding of a particular enhancement. The Couple then has the right to purchase something else from the Venue as a part of their overall wedding experience. There’s a chance something could happen that prevents the Couple from being able to complete their obligation as promised.
If a Couple is unable to complete their obligation, they’ve failed to live up to the basic obligations of this agreement, they must make every reasonable effort to fund the enhancements to the wedding in the best possible way.
A Couple in this position has only remedied the situation and met their obligations to Backers if:
- they post an update that explains what enhancements have been purchased, and what prevented them from purchasing the enhancement;
- they’ve been honest, and have made no material misrepresentations in their communication to Backers; and
- they offer to return any remaining funds to Backers (in proportion to the amounts pledged), or else explain how those funds could be used to support the enhancement in some alternate form. If the Backer agrees to funding a different offering from the Venue, the Couple can move forward in securing the new offering.
The Couple is solely responsible for fulfilling the promises made in their enhancement. If they’re unable to satisfy the terms of this agreement, they may be subject to legal action by Backers. In other words, if a desired offering is not fully funded by the Backer, the Couple may choose to fully fund the item to receive it or to return monies to the Backer for an item not fully funded.
What the Wedding Venue Does
The wedding Venue will offer various enhancements to the wedding that can be placed through Wedding Dreamz™ for funding through Backers. You select those enhancements and the Wedding Venue will assist you in kicking off your request for Backers. The price your Backers pay for the enhancement includes all fees due to the wedding Venue to cover the administrative costs and other fees associated with marketing your enhancement to the wedding through Wedding Dreamz™. The Venue will collect the funds by your Backers and notify you when the enhancement is funded. The Venue will provide you a list of the Backers so you can take personal action to thank your Backers for their contribution to your Wedding Dreamz™ enhancement. The funds collected for the enhancement will be applied to your account with the wedding Venue in payment for the enhancement. Any funds in excess of the cost of the enhancement will go toward other items available at the Venue. No funds will be available as cash but only available to purchase items made available by the Venue.
The Funding Process - Backer
These are the terms that apply when you’re backing a project:
- The Venue will charge a card for the amount pledged, at any time between the pledge and the completion of funding.
- The Venue will offer a refund if the enhancement is cancelled due to lack of full funding.
- Responsibility for finishing an enhancement lies entirely with the Couple. Wedding Dreamz™ doesn’t hold funds on the Couple’s behalf, cannot guarantee the Couple will host the wedding.
These are the terms that apply when you’re creating an enhancement:
- You can refund individual pledges if you want. After your enhancement has been funded, you can cancel and have the Backers pledge refunded at any time. If you do, you have no further obligation to that specific Backer, and no agreement exists between you and the Backer.
- Some pledges can’t be collected, which might reduce the amount of funding you get. Because some payments can’t be collected — for instance, if a Backer’s credit card were to expire before funding is collected, and they don’t provide updated information — we can’t guarantee that the amount of funding you receive will be exactly equal to the full amount pledged minus administrative fees. We will make available what we collect from your Backer. You may use that to purchase whatever you want from the Venue, minus administrative fees.
- The Venue will help resolve payment-card disputes. If a Backer of your project disputes the charge with their card issuer, the Venue will handle representing the charge to settle the dispute with the card issuer. You’ll be notified that a dispute has been filed, and you’ll be able to provide evidence to help the Venue resolve it in your favor. If the cardholder’s dispute is found valid, you authorize us to charge the credit card number you provided when you started your enhancement for the amount of the chargeback plus administrative fees. Would like to discuss this to be sure I understand.
Wedding Dreamz™ is Not Responsible For:
Wedding Dreamz™ isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of enhancements, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site.
When you use the Services, you release Wedding Dreamz™ from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
Creating an account for a Couple on Wedding Dreamz™ is free. The price agreed to for the enhancement will include all fees due to the Venue, including a 10% administrative cost.
Wedding Dreamz™ may contain links to other websites. (For instance, enhancement pages, user profiles, and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
Wedding Dreamz™’s Intellectual Property
Wedding Dreamz™’s Services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
Wedding Dreamz™ grants you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both Wedding Dreamz™’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from Wedding Dreamz™ or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
How We Deal with Copyright Issues
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act lays out a system of legal requirements for dealing with allegations of copyright infringement. Wedding Dreamz™ complies with the DMCA, and we respond to notices of alleged infringement if they comply with the law and the requirements set forth in our Copyright Policy. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate accounts for repeat infringers. (We do this when appropriate and at our sole discretion).
About Our Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full and without reservation. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
You must be at least 18 [eighteen] years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
License to Use Website
Unless otherwise stated, and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights published on this website and materials . Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages, files or other content from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website in neither print nor digital media or documents (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website - except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution; or
- republish or reproduce any part of this website through the use of iframes or screenscrapers.
Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organization.
Wedding Dreamz™ reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the Wedding Dreamz™ Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible to use Wedding Dreamz™. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use Wedding Dreamz™ in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel any pledge to any enhancement, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any enhancement at any time and for any reason.
Wedding Dreamz™ is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect to any losses you suffer in connection with the website or actions with regard to this website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect our officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
In these terms and conditions, “your user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
You grant to a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
Wedding Dreamz™ reserves the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on the servers of, or hosted or published upon this website.
Under these terms and conditions and in relation to user content, Wedding Dreamz™ does not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
WEDDING DREAMZ™ SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WEDDING DREAMZ™ SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of Wedding Dreamz™. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no enhancement will Wedding Dreamz™, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no enhancement shall Wedding Dreamz™’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00).
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to this website without 's express written consent.
This includes: scraping, data mining, data extraction, data harvesting, 'framing' (iframes), Article 'Spinning'
You must not use this website or any part of it to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the express written consent of Wedding Dreamz™.
Dispute Resolution and Governing Law
We at Wedding Dreamz™ encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that Wedding Dreamz™ and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over Wedding Dreamz™ or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms, or your use or non-use of Wedding Dreamz™, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of Georgia, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of these courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. You hereby irrevocably waive any right you may have to trial by jury in any dispute, action, or proceeding.
Entirety of Terms
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and Wedding Dreamz™ with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and Wedding Dreamz™ with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or Wedding Dreamz™ to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get Wedding Dreamz™’s prior written consent. Wedding Dreamz™ has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. Wedding Dreamz™ will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.